These cookies are so simple and deliciously addictive! These cookies are a perfect addition to any holiday party.
160 ml/⅔ cup sunflower oil
¾ cup/5 ½ ounces/150 grams granulated sugar
¼ cup/60 ml honey
2 cup/9 ounces/255 grams all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground ginger
⅛ tsp. salt
2 Tbs. coarse sugar, I use Sugar in the Raw
1. Pre-heat oven to 350˚F degrees or 325˚F convection, prepare 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a standing mixer, beat oil, sugar, and egg.
3. Add honey, continue beating.
4. Add flour, baking soda, ginger, and salt, mix well.
5. Refrigerate dough for 10-15 minutes.
6. Using oiled hands, pinch off a walnut-size piece of dough and roll into a ball, place on the cookie sheet, repeat with all the dough, keeping 1-2 inches between each cookie.
7. Using the palm of your hand, lightly flatten each cookie.
8. Sprinkle each cookie with the coarse sugar.
9. Bake for 12-13 min. Cool cookies on a rack.
Makes about 24-30 cookies
Recipe provided by Carolyn Tanner Cohen – Delicious Dish
Delicious Dish – http://www.deliciousdish.ca