Burlington to launch TelePALS, a social phone service for adults on May 1
On May 1, the City of Burlington launched TelePALS, a free phone service designed to help adults stay connected as everyone practices physical distancing to help flatten the curve of COVID-19.
Through TelePALS, users can participate in free, over-the-phone programs, including:
- Chat Groups: Join a host-led discussion focused on topics like books, music, hobbies and more
- Listen and Learn: Listen to interesting topics for part of the program and participate in follow-up discussions
- Game Shows: Join in the fun of team competitions like trivia and mystery guessing games
- Ask the Expert: Call in to ask questions to guest subject experts
- Listen for Enjoyment: Call in and put your phone on speaker to listen to music, stories, updates and presentations.
Programs run Monday to Friday and are approximately one hour long. No special equipment is needed, any phone will do.
How to Register
To register for Chat Groups, Listen and Learn, Game Shows or Ask the Expert, residents can leave a message at 905-335-7738, ext. 4662 and a staff member will return the call. Registrations are accepted up to 24 hours before the start of the programs.
To register for Listen for Enjoyment, please call 1-866-279-1594 ten minutes before the scheduled start time and enter passcode 355760.
All programs available through TelePALS can be viewed online at Burlington.ca/telepals.
~Reposted from City of Burlington~