This dirt dessert recipe is a great cooking activity of kids…as there is no baking or heating necessary, it uses few ingredients, and each kid can customize their individual cup with as much or as little “dirt” as desired.
Made with chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos, and gummy worms, these pudding dirt cups are as fun for the kids to make as they are tasty to eat. Try innovative presentations using ceramic plant pots, or check our variations for other fun ideas.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 60 minutes
Makes 10 servings
• 2 cups milk (cold)
• 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
• 8 ounces whipped topping (frozen, such as Cool Whip, thawed)
• 1 1/2 cups sandwich cookies (such as Oreos, crushed, divided)
• 20 gummy worms
- Gather the ingredients.
- Whisk together the milk and instant pudding for 2 minutes, until
pudding is completely dissolved. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in frozen whipped topping and 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies.
- Spoon into 10 individual cups.
- Sprinkle remaining crushed cookies over the pudding mixture.
Top each cup with 2 gummy worms. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!